Wednesday 2 November 2011

Detoxification: Oh joyyyyy.

Detox is something that we must all go through. Today was a reminder of that! Symptoms: achy feeling, mood swings, bad breath, cravings, no appetite. I know how much it's worth it though, so I'm pushing through the last moments of the day and heading to bed early. Day 5 raw! That's definitely something to celebrate despite the detox joys!

The longest I had been 100% before now was 7 days when I first started raw, much different than the raw lifestyle I'm living now as I hadn't read 80-10-10 yet. (Side note: best book to buy on beign a raw vegan!) After that stint I went on and off it for periods of time, doing 3 day stints now and again and then my 5 day OJ fast. Then I went the progressive way, which has led me to where I am now! For the longest time I was eating fruit for breakfast and lunch and cooked for supper. In my personal experience, it's definitely the way to go! You'll know when you're ready for the next step.

So today:

No exercise again, not much energy for it given the detox intensity

Food:
750ml OJ
6 x-large bananas
large salad

Definitely did not eat enough today, which probably contributed to my energy levels as well. Just saw persimmons on sale though!!Going to purchase me a few boxes tomorrow! I also think I really haven't been giving myself enough variety, will be working on that in the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment