Friday 4 November 2011

My little secrets: Making Detox easier.

I'm definitely not trying to say that detox isn't difficult, cause I've definitely had a less than awesome day. BUT there are ways to help yourself get through the hard part. Keeping your mind on the goal is one big one. Whatever change it is you are making, there was a reason you made it, keep that in mind.

There are things you can do to mentally prepare yourself to a difficult task, or situation, such as going 100% raw. I've taken 18 months to get to this point, and there is no way in hell I am giving up at this point just because I'm uncomfortable. I am keeping a positive outlook no matter what simply because it is worth the outcome. And you know what? If I fall, I'm going to get right back up again, because there is nothing I can't do. And that applies to every human being in this world. I a be!m not a superhero, I just want to live the best life and be the healthiest greatest ME I can be! :) YAYYYYYY!!! Self-motivation FTW!

So tricks:
Epsom Salt baths:
 From what I've researched, they really help detox the body, and de-stress, relax muscles, ease headaches, aid in better absorbency of nutrients. Need I say more? Just don't soak for longer than 20 mins.

Lemon water:
Alkalizing effect on the body, helps digestion, strengthens the liver, reduces phlegm... And it makes water taste even better!

So today, I am still dealing with that sore throat and reduced appetite. I looked around and it seems to be a side effect of dehydration. So I've upped my water content to 4L a day and it seems to be doing some good at the moment. No gym again obviously, even though I'm really itching to get back in there, I have to listen to my body throughout the process to succeed at it!

Food:
600ml of OJ
Kale chips
3 persimmons
Massive salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber)

No comments:

Post a Comment