Thursday 17 November 2011

Sometimes, you just need to push through to see the light at the end of the tunnel

Hey!
So today started off as such a great day, I finally got back into the gym, had a massive 2L smoothie and a decent school/work day. But then things started going off, mostly emotionally. I just got so unmotivated all of a sudden, plus a crazy attack of cravings just was not, especially with all sorts of vegan cooked foods freely available around the house since I'm the only 100% 811-er. But somehow I got through that and didn't eat anything cooked or high fat. I just did what has now become a habit instead of giving in and ruining all the effort I've put in so far!

I think that what did contribute to my moodiness was two things: I randomly used salt today, no idea why, but right after I finished I just felt like crap and had the worst breath I've had since doing it 100%. Soooo not worth it and it didn't even taste good at all, at least not as good as I thought it would! So definitively NOT doing that again. It was just one of those moments you look back on an go: WTF was I thinking? I think that I just really wasn't and let the habit take over as opposed to keeping up the changes I've been making. Definitely a lesson learned.

Another reason would be I got a little more negative comments about my lifestyle than I'm used to and usually this does not bother me at all and I can turn it into a positive experience and spread the fruity love, today was just not the day. Plus some people just don't want to see the truth. Which is fine, I can't and don't want to make anyone do anything they don't want to, all I ask for is a little respect for my own choices.  Seriously I dont get whyyy people can't just shut up and mind their own business if they are going to talk poo about someone else's life. If you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself! I don't mind genuine curiosity or even total misunderstanding, even ignorance I don't mind at all. But comments that have no other purpose than to judge and spread negativity are useless and annoying to say the least.

Ok, now that I've got that out of my system I can breathe and go back to my usual positive self! I realllyyy don't enjoy going all rant-y about things, but it's useful in that it just eases all the tension some situations may cause. Now I can just let it go. Some people just can't see how unhappy they are and no one can show them that, it's something that has to be self-realized through many things, including observing others thrive.

After all, tomorrow is another day, it's fridayyyy and I have an awesome field trip with my Sociology of Race and Ethnicity class ( first time on a field trip in a Uni course, and I'm a third year!). ANNND its 21 day mark! Lots of thing to make me happy before sleep time :)

Movinnng on :)

Today:
Exercise (YAYYYY!!!)
15 mins hardcore on the bike
30 mins strength training- legs

Food:
500ml Grapefruit Juice
2L Banana-Cherry smoothie
Half a Pineapple and a Tomato- Avo "salad"
Large Tomato-Romaine salad

WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment