Tuesday 1 November 2011

Taking care... of sleeping goooooddd.

A good night's sleep is so vtally important to maintaining good health! I went to bed much later than usual on sunday because I went out for Halloween, yet still woke up at my usual 7AM. So the last 2 days have seen me tired and off schedule. I was never one to sleep well, or much for that matter. I was the one up till 4am and only waking up after 1030, and that's being generous! My sleep was always very precious, and I always woke up feeling groggy and unrested. No worst way IMO to start off a day then already tired!

So the past few months, with the help of some jetlag from South Africa, I've been getting up at a normal hour, latest being 8:30. And I'm usually sleeping before 11:30. I like to get a minimum of 8 hours, although that doesn't always happen. I've been making it more and more of a priority to get to sleep eaarly. Also helps me procrastinate less because I know that if I do, it's my sleep that will be affected.

Sleep should be as much of a priority as diet and exercise, because its the time that your body heals and recuperates. So invest in a good firm mattress and turn off any light that will prevent you from sleeping deeply! Get some nice Zzzzzzzzz people!!

Todayyyyy:

Exercise:
Play and took the stairs, not much but something is better than nothing!

Food:
750ml Orange juice
10 dates
3 x-large bananas
6 clementines
Tomato-zucchini salad with a touch of tahini
Handful of kelp chips

YAYYY for another 100% raw dayyy :) I really feel like I've got it now. Happinesssss.

No comments:

Post a Comment