Wednesday 29 February 2012

Sweet Validation.

Days like this make it feel like all the hard work, sweat and emotional growth are worth it in every single way. I've had days lately where I just didn't see it, looking in the mirror and just being unsatisfied with what I see.It happens to so many of us to see ourselves in distorted ways despite most people telling us we look good! It's a psychological issue that I have dealt with most of my life, even when I was at a lesser weight. I think that most of the time we forget to look at how far we've come instead of where we want to be. 

In the last  weeks I've had 3 pairs of pants fall apart from wear. Pant shopping has never been my favorite thing to do, even when I go with only that in mind, I tend to get frustrated with fit and come home with shirts and underwear instead. Well now, I didn't really have much of a choice! I went to a second hand shop yesterday and again wasnt happy with fit. I found pants that fit very well, but most were boot cut and in my mind just disproportionate my body. Did I mention I was picky about pants? 

I spent the day with my sister-in-law and 7 day old nephew (cutest baby everr) and we passed by a shop I used to go to all the time. I mentioned needed pants and she immediately offered me some for my birthday. Long story short, I found 2 pairs that fit PERFECTLY, and bonuuuus they're a size 7!!!!!

Ahhhh sweeeetttt validationnnnn. Since my goal is to be a size 5 right now, this is awesome awesome news for me and just gave me that extra motivation to kick my own ass and keep working harder and harder. Training this week has been great! I'll write about it in my next post as I've changed a few things up. 


Moral of the story? Keep pushing it. Yes, it hurts. Yes, there will be days where you literally have to beat yourself threw your workout. But! IT. IS. WORTH. EVERY. SECOND. Never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment