Thursday 5 April 2012

Spring 2012 Juice Feast: Day Four!

One of the best things in this world is to wake up knowing you've had amazing sleep. I got a great 9 hours in last night and it's just what I needed! As much as juice fasting while living a normal schedule (well as normal as my schedule gets) works fine, making sure that one is getting enough sleep an rest is so important all the time. I don't know anyone who can function truly optimally without waking up feeling rested and rejuvenated from a good night's sleep.

So after that great start, I actually had a pretty good day! I actually had enough time to make my juice for the day and walk calmly to work for my 9 hour shift. It went by as usual, a little slow but actually enjoyable. Nice thing was that my brain fog lifted as the day went on, quite the opposite from the first three days. I started the day very mucus-y, and still have some, but again it diminished throughout the day. Now I have a certain sense of happiness and balance permeating my world. 

My only concern is that I haven't had a bowel movement since end of day 2. I've had IBS for a very long time and get uncomfortable when I dont have a few a day! So I had a laxative tea earlier. I wouldn't actually recommend this, since it'll just irritate my bowels in the end, but having a BM will give me that last ounce of peace of mind that's been creeping up on me throughout the day. 

So for todays juice extravaganza I consumed:

Spinach-Carrot-Apple 1L
Pear-Blackberry 1L
Red Grape 1L
Water 2L
Kombucha 355mL
Tea 250mL

In the morning I'm going on a roadtrip to and back from montreal to pick up my BFF from the airport. I think that no schedule change should ever keep you from accomplishing what you decided to do. So I'll be bringing some delish juices along and tryyyyy not to have to stop for washroom breaks tooooo often. Try being the word. 

Have a gorgeously fruity day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment