Friday 4 January 2013

New Year, New Beginnings.

When a New Year comes around, I have a tradition of setting up new goals to accomplish for the year. They  could be seen as resolutions, however I don't see them as such because they usually don't fall into the same categories as what most people would set as new year's resolutions. 

One of my goals this year is to be much more consistent with blogging, as this last year has definitely been an on and off habit. I've learned to be more fluid with it but at the same time have learned how exactly I can attain my goal without getting too rigid about it, since I used to set myself to a specific schedule of when I was going to post and how many times a month, etc. Now I just want to flow with my inspiration but still keep myself accountable to writing often.

Another one of my goals is to accomplish 90 days straight raw, using my own variation of the 80/10/10 lifestyle. I've been flowing with this lifestyle on and off for 2 and a half years now, succeeding at many 30 day stints. I find that I need to take it to the next level and committing myself to a much longer time period. I feel amazing after 30 days and want to find out exactly how awesome I will feel after 3 times that amount of time. 

My other goals include: completing my University degree, becoming a certified personal trainer, beginning my registered holistic nutritionist course,  completing a 10 day Vippassana meditation retreat and starting a YouTube channel. There are more that are more personal and don't really relate to this blog. 

I use the New Year as a reference time point to set myself new goals for the future. However I do think that taking the time at any point during the year to set goals and reassess old ones help me stay on track for what I want to accomplish is paramount to my successful completion of them. 

Here's to a great year to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment